Sto. Niño de Arevalo Parish (Villa, Arevalo Iloilo)
Location : Villa, Arevalo
Feast Day : 3rd Sunday of January (Annual District fiesta)
History : The flower capital of Iloilo is the home of the church where the 3rd oldest original Sto. Niño image is enshrined. There are only three original image of the child Jesus in the whole archipelago. The oldest is found in Cebu, which was discovered by Legaspi in 1565, in Tondo Church found in 1572 and the one in Arevalo.
The original appearance of the church a cross plan with timber frame and square columns, unarticulated wall surface with simple arch window, there is a presence of a choir loft and an altar rail separating the clergy from the congregation (cancelli).
To preserve the altar, reconstruction was made during the time of Rev. Fr. Jerry R. Locsin (1986). The square column was removed, to promote a well-ventilated atmosphere inside the church, the side aisles were opened converting it to a wider seating space. The open concept of the using of grails through the entire length of the church promotes a well-ventilated atmosphere.
Another set of changes were made beginning September 2004 to December 2005 under the incumbency of Fr. Jess Candado. It was directed towards the renovation of the altar.